84th REGIMENT INFANTRY.
Dyer's Regimental History
from A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, vol. III, Regimental
by Frederick H. Dyer 
Note: HTML format added to aid digestion.--if you remove the format you
have Dyer's original text [He didn't use complete sentences].
84th REGIMENT INFANTRY.
- Organized at Quincy, Ill., and
- mustered in September 1, 1862.
- Left State for Louisville, Ky., September 23.
- Attached to 10th Brigade, 4th Division, 2nd Army Corps, Army of the Ohio, to November, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, Left Wing 14th Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland, to January, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, 21st Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland, to October, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 1st Division, 4th Army Corps, to May, 1865.
- 2nd Brigade, 1st Division, 4th Army Corps, to June, 1865.
- Pursuit of Bragg into Kentucky October 1-16, 1862.
- Battle of Perryville, Ky., October 8.
- Pursuit to Loudon October 10-22.
- March to Nashville, Tenn., October 22-November 7.
- Duty at Nashville till December 26.
- Advance on Murfreesboro, Tenn., December 26-30.
- Battle of Stone's River December 30-31, 1862, and January 1-3, 1862.
- At Murfreesboro till June.
- Middle Tennessee (or Tullahoma) Campaign June 24-July 7.
- Occupation of Middle Tennessee till August 16.
- Passage of Cumberland Mountains and Tennessee River and Chickamauga (Ga.) Campaign August 16-September 22.
- Reconnoissance from Rossville September 17.
- Ringgold, Ga., September 17.
- Battle of Chickamauga, Ga., September 19-20.
- Siege of Chattanooga, Tenn., September 24-November 23.
- Chattanooga-Ringgold Campaign November 23-27.
- Lookout Mountain November 23-24.
- Mission Ridge November 25.
- Pursuit to Ringgold, Ga., November 26-27.
- Ringgold Gap, Taylor's Ridge, November 27.
- March to relief of Knoxville November 28-December 17.
- At Whiteside, Tyner's Station and Blue Springs till May, 1864.
- Demonstration on Dalton, Ga. February 22-27, 1864.
- Near Dalton February 23.
- Tunnel Hill, Buzzard's Roost Gap, and Rocky Faced Ridge February 23-25.
- Atlanta (Ga.) Campaign May to September.
- Tunnel Hill May 6-7.
- Demonstration on Rocky Faced Ridge May 8-11.
- Buzzard's Roost Gap May 8-9.
- Demonstration on Dalton May 9-13.
- Battle of Resaca May 14-15.
- Kingston May 18-19.
- Near Cassville May 19.
- Advance on Dallas May 22-25.
- Operations on line of Pumpkin Vine Creek and battles about Dallas, New Hope Church and Allatoona Mills May 25-June 5.
- Operations about Marietta and against Kenesaw Mountain June 10-July 2.
- Pine Hill June 11-14.
- Lost Mountain June 15-17.
- Assault on Kenesaw June 27.
- Ruff's Station, Smyrna Camp Ground, July 4.
- Chattahoochie River July 5-17.
- Peach Tree Creek July 19-20.
- Siege of Atlanta July 22-August 25.
- Flank movement on Jonesboro August 25-30.
- Battle of Jonesboro August 31-September 1.
- Lovejoy Station September 2-6.
- Operations against Hood in North Georgia and North Alabama September 29-November 3.
- Nashville Campaign November-December.
- Columbia, Duck River, November 24-27.
- Battle of Franklin November 30.
- Battle of Nashville December 15-16.
- Pursuit of Hood to the Tennessee River December 17-28.
- Moved to Huntsville, Ala., and duty there till March, 1865.
- Expedition to Bull's Gap and operations in East Tennessee March 15-April 22.
- Moved to Nashville, Tenn., and duty there till June.
- Mustered out at Nashville, Tenn., June 8, and
- discharged June 16, 1865.
Regiment lost during service
- 4 Officers and 120 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded
- 1 Offlcer and 144 Enlisted men by disease.
- Total 269.
[84th Illinois Infantry Home Page]
| Main Page |
About this Site |
© Copyright 1996-2007