102nd REGIMENT INFANTRY
Dyer's Regimental History
from A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, vol. III, Regimental
by Frederick H. Dyer 
Note: HTML format added to aid digestion.--if you remove the format you
have Dyer's original text [He didn't use complete sentences].
102nd REGIMENT INFANTRY.
- Organized at Knoxville, Ill., and
- mustered in September 1, 1862.
- Moved to Peoria, Ill., September 22,
- thence to Louisville, Ky., October 1.
- Attached to Ward's Brigade, Dumont's 12th Division, Army of the Ohio, to November, 1862.
- Ward's Brigade, Post of Gallatin, Tenn., Dept. of the Cumberland, to June, 1863.
- 2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, Reserve Corps, Army of the Cumberland, to August, 1863.
- Ward's Brigade, Post of Nashville, Tenn., Dept. of the Cumberland, to January, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 11th Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland, to April, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 20th Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland, and Army of Georgia to June, 1865.
- March in pursuit of Bragg through Kentucky October 1-16 1862.
- March to Gallatin, Tenn., via Frankfort, Bowling Green and Scottsville October 16-November 26.
- Duty at Gallatin till June 6, 1863.
- Action at Woodbury April 27, 1863.
- Moved to Lavergne, Tenn., and on railroad guard duty at Lavergne and Stewart's Creek till February, 1864.
- (5 Companies mounted August, 1863.)
- Moved to Wauhatchle Valley, Tenn., February 25, 1864.
- Scout from Lookout Valley to Deer Head Cove, Ga., March 29-31.
- Atlanta (Ga.) Campaign May 1-September 8.
- Movement on Dalton May 5-8.
- Demonstration on Rocky Faced Ridge May 8-11.
- Battle of Resaca May 14-15.
- Near Cassville May 19.
- Advance on Dallas May 22-25.
- New Hope Church May 25.
- Operations on line of Pumpkin Vine Creek and battles about Dallas, New Hope Church and Allatoona Hills May 26-June 5.
- Big Shanty June 1.
- Operations about Marietta and against Kenesaw Mountain June 10-July 2.
- Pine Hill June 11-14.
- Lost Mountain June 15-17.
- Gilgal or Golgotha Church June 16.
- Muddy Creek June 17.
- Noyes Creek June 19.
- Kolb's Farm June 22.
- Assault on Kenesaw June 27.
- Ruff's Station, Smyrna Camp Ground, July 4.
- Chattahoochie River July 5-17.
- Peach Tree Creek July 19-20.
- Siege of Atlanta July 22-August 26.
- Operations at Chattahoochie River Bridge August 26-September 2.
- Occupation of Atlanta September 2-November 15.
- March to the sea November 15-December 10.
- Occupation of Milledgeville November 22.
- Ogeechee River November 29.
- Siege of Savannah December 10-21.
- Campaign of the Carolinas January to April, 1865.
- Occupation of Hardeeville January 3, 1865.
- Occupation of Lawtonville, S.C., February 2.
- Rockingham, N.C., March 7.
- Fayetteville, N. C., March 11.
- Averysboro, Taylor's Hole Creek, March 16.
- Battle of Bentonville March 19-21.
- Moccasin Creek March 24.
- Occupation of Goldsboro March 24.
- Advance on Raleigh April 10-14.
- Occupation of Raleigh April 14.
- Bennett's House April 26.
- Surrender of Johnston and his army.
- March to Washington, D.C., via Richmond, Va., April 30-May 19.
- Grand Review May 24.
- Mustered out June 6 and discharged at Chicago, Ill., June 14, 1865.
Regiment lost during service
- 51 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and
- 68 Enlisted men by disease.
- Total 119.
[102nd Illinois Infantry Home Page]
| Main Page |
About this Site |
© Copyright 1996-2007